Job Application Summary After PhD


After spending four years of Ph.D, it is again time for starting a new journey, which reminds me the time like in South Korea after my master's degree. At that time, I applied around 20 jobs and ended up with Hyundai. However, I'd like to work in research environment rather than management job, and pursued the PhD. Therefore, the goal of this time for job seeking is to find a research job in an industry lab or academic position.

  • Academic
    • UCD Postdoc RecSys group, Ireland -> Interview -> Offer
  • Industry
    • IBM NLP, Australia -> Phone Interview (22/03) -> Final Interview (24/04) -> No Update (20/06)
    • Bell lab, Dublin -> Phone Interview (08/05) -> Final Interview (28/05) -> Offer (20/06)
    • Telefonica Internship -> Interview -> Offer
      • could not go since I'm affiliated to the Uni. until August while the offer is until Nov.
      • it's really a pity to me as internship is a unique opportunity for a student...
    • Amazon UK -> Interview#1
    • IBM Research Intern, Ireland
    • IBM U.S.
    • Spotify User Research, London, UK 

No comments:

Post a Comment