mendeley 1.19.1 crash - QFSFileEngine::open: No file name specified

Personally, using the Mendeley Reference Manager is not easy, I really prefer to use the Desktop instead of the manager. From my point of view, providing the Mendeley Reference Manager only and giving up the support for both Desktop and Smart phones/pads is really disappointing. The more I use the Reference Manager, the more I feel in this way.


After upgrading to the Ubuntu 20.04, I tried to reinstall Mendeley Desktop, and it always gives the error with a crash: QFSFileEngine::open: No file name specified


After googling for some while, I found the relevant issue, and the corresponding solution. Running the command below to reset the Mendeley Desktop indeed saved my day.

$ mendeleydesktop --reset

After this, I needed to redownload and sync from Mendeley server, which is not a problem for me as I've been syncing local update to the server.


No comments:

Post a Comment